NEW RUNT LINK GALLERY SITE http://runtandlink.tumblr.com . This site is an archive of past exhibitions from 2010 to early 2014

Tuesday 11 May 2010

17-21 May, Breanna Tepper, 'I Want Facial Hair'

Opening Night, Tuesday May 18th 5-7PM, Link Wall Gallery - Welcome!

...After an extensive conversation on beards and facial hair I dreamt that it was ‘cool’ and ‘popular’ for a girl to have one. The only problem was that I could not grow one and was considered an outcast amongst my group of friends whom all maintained full and healthy facial hair. I Want Facial Hair questions conformative behaviour amongst society and individual social groups. Trends, what is popular and what is cool. If hairy chins became ‘popular’ would woman go to the extent of hair implants? By using real human hair an element of grotesqueness is also obtained, coinciding with a personal phobia of others hair.